Nearly 100,000 players across 14 states felt the win Monday night, after the second “Lucky for Life” lottery drawing was completed. From Maine to Montana, lottery customers checking their tickets experienced the game’s luck in varying degrees.
But, nowhere is luck being felt more than in the village of Pocasset, Massachusetts, an historical community on the shores of Cape Cod, known for its beaches, lighthouse and fewer than 3,000 residents. In that small town, the industry’s newest multi-state lottery game sold its first “for life” prize ticket, a ticket that will deliver a life-changing $25,000 a year for life prize for its owner when claimed.
The winning Lucky for Life numbers on February 2 were 7-11-18-19-28 and the Lucky Ball was 16.
The game’s $5,000 prize has been won 9 times, once each in Arizona, Connecticut, Delaware, Massachusetts, Michigan, Missouri, and South Carolina, while twice in Rhode Island.
“Many of our states have felt the impact of severe winter storms since Lucky’s launch on January 27,” said Anne M. Noble, lead director for the industry’s newest multi-state game, and President/CEO of the CT Lottery. “In two draws, the game has created 193,088 winning experiences across the 14 states, with one of those being a ‘for life’ event. There may be a lot of snow, but, we’ve given away a lot of ‘dough’ in the game’s first week! We are all looking forward to Lucky’s next drawing on Thursday, and bringing a lifetime of luck to even more winners.”
Winning tickets must be redeemed in the same state in which they were purchased.
About Lucky for Life:
- Tickets cost $2 each, and are good for one drawing.
- Drawings are held every Monday and Thursday night at 10:38pm Eastern time, and are televised live from Connecticut on WCCT-TV.
- Following each drawing, drawings can be viewed via upload on www.LuckyforLife.US, or each state’s individual social media and lottery web sites.
- The top prize is up to $1,000 a day, every day, for life when matching five (5) numbers plus the Lucky Ball number. The prize is payable as an annuity or lump sum.
- Players who match the first five numbers win up to $25,000 a year for life. The prize is payable as an annuity or lump sum.
- “For Life” prizes are payable for the length of a winner’s natural life. At minimum, 20 years worth of payments are guaranteed. Payments could last much longer, based on the lifespan of the winner.
- Eight other cash prizes range from $3 to $5,000.
- Overall odds of winning a prize are 1 in 7.8.
- Odds of winning the top prize are 1 in 30,821,472.
- Additional information about the game, its rules and how to play can be found at www.LuckyforLife.US, or each state’s individual lottery site.
To follow the luck that lasts a lifetime, visit www.LuckyforLife.US or stop by your local lottery retailer. Age restrictions apply. Please play responsibly.